Skin Cancer Screening & Treatment
We do conduct a thorough skin cancer screening from head to toe if needed. Dermatoscope is used when necessary. Amongst the common skin cancers we look for are basal cell, squamous cell carcinomas and melanomas.
• Cryotherapy (freezing).
• Topical anti-cancer treatment.
• Simple/punch/shave and excision biopsies.
• Simple lesion removal and FLAPS if indicated for more complex lesions.
• Removal of skin tags.
• Melanoma removals depending on Breslow levels.
• Referral to plastic team for more advanced skin cancers or upon patients request.
Common complications from skin lesion removals are
• Bleeding during and after surgery.
• Pain from local anaesthetic injection.
• Post-operative infection.
• Opening of wounds if not taken care post operatively.
• Scarring -stretch, keloid or hypertrophic.
Note: No skin procedures are performed at this stage